The Garden of Eatin'

So, I took on the daunting task of working a garden this year. While it has it's pleasurable moments, the decision to have one of this magnitude is a bit nuts. Who could have known that one zucchini plant could provide that much squash? Let's not even get into the acorn, patty pan and yellow crook neck varieties.

After harvesting 2 huge bags of green beans, squash, cucumbers and lettuce, I had a pretty big haul. I divvied up the loot with my Mom and then loaded my portion into the front seat of my car.
Driving down the road I noticed a chime going off intermittently in the car. I could not, for the life of me, figure out what it was.

Finally, it dawned on me. The produce was so heavy in the front seat it was setting off the alarm that "whoever" sitting there was not buckled in. So, in an effort to protect my precious cargo I buckled my squash in for the ride and all was good!

Now... what to do with it all....

Comments

Popular Posts