Coffee And A Conversation

I think one of my favorite things to do is share coffee with a friend. If you haven't done it, you should try it. One can find out amazing things about another person that one may not have known before ( in a good way!) Perhaps, the caffeine jazzs us to chat more freely but I truly love the conversations that have developed over something as simple as sharing coffee (a sweet chocolate, non-fat mocha in case you are wondering.)

Today was no exception as I had the privilege to share some time with some amazing ladies that I am blessed to call dear friends. I value their insight, their morals, their convictions, their humor, their freedom of legalism and their encouragement. No matter what stage of life one is in, I think we can all agree that women supporting other women is a powerful thing. Right now I am adjusting to a new pattern of life (no, not menopause yet!) with children in school, some leadership responsibilities, etc. It is great to meet with women who are in similar circumstances. I think we need the assurance that we are not alone in this thing called life. Thankfully we can laugh about a lot of it's craziness which is a good stress reliever. I'm glad I can be who I am and still be accepted (at least I THINK so.) I am grateful that despite my shortcomings I can feel comfortable that I don't have to try and be somebody I am not, because I am so not!

Funny thing is, once you start conversations you find out that perhaps you aren't so different after all. Try it sometime, you may be pleased to find that backgrounds, education, career status and financial stability can tend to take a back seat when you begin to experience the true value of friendship.

Comments

Popular Posts