Who Says You Can't Bake Christmas Cookies Before Thanksgiving?

I certainly don't! OK, so I'm a little ahead of the game but that is OK with me! I fully intend to celebrate the season as long as possible. I cheated a little and got myself another Christmas album. I know I said I only get one per year but what was I supposed to do when I saw Bing Crosby's Christmas Duets for 5 bucks?

Right now, one of my very close friends is home from Afghanistan and Australia (the "A" countries!) You can imagine she hasn't had much Christmasy tradition lately. Now she may be headed to Sudan or Mozambique. Before she leaves again we decided to whoop it up by making and decorating Christmas cookies, listen to Christmas music, make hot cocoa complete with candy canes, work on Christmas crafts, eat Thai food and watch the original "Miracle on 34th Street." By the way, a darling movie! I also set up one of my Nativity scenes. Oh, and we colored her hair to kick it up a notch. By the way, it was my first time to dye someone's hair! Probably not the best idea for me to do but after living in a compound in Afghanistan I think she was up for anything!

Jaimey ADORES Molly-Kate!
Sprinkles galore (plus all over the floor.) Hey, I just made a rhyme!

The finished masterpieces! We ate way too many. This morning I saw Ray eating some with his coffee. Not a bad idea when I'm finished with this post. All the time we were enjoying our festivities I was thinking it was December. How delightful we got a head start on the season plus the joy of sharing it with friends!
Stay tuned for the fun on my knitting group's cookie swap in December.


Comments

Popular Posts