Alone...In Target...With A Gift Card...

Let me preface this by saying, I am a girl who would spend, on average, 600.00 per month at Target. On mostly crap. I would go on a 'field trip' several times per week, armed with a debit card and a voice inside, telling me I just needed to pick up one thing. I have tailored my spending habits significantly. Now I go to Target maybe 3 times a month and spend about 75.00 for the month. It's been good for me. So, imagine the glory when I came in possession of one sweet gift card. It shined at me like a beacon of light all dressed up in gold tissue paper and glittery ribbon. I felt the familiar adrenaline rush I used to get when I would step through those automatic doors underneath the red Target sign, Starbucks in hand. This morning I had no kids and a free morning. Fueled by coffee and pumpkin cake, I headed out and entered the store with a crazed, yet glassy look in my eye. All the beautiful things beckoned at me to buy them. So many things. I got the usual Q Tips and boring crap like that but saved the best for last. All the pretties...you know, home decor, candy, books, high waisted jeans, Sons of Anarchy Season 6 and the like. I walked through the store like 50 million times and I kid you not, could not figure out nor justify one thing to buy. What the heck? Here I was, ready to roll and nothin'... Then it became a contest. I HAVE to buy something. This is ridiculous. I have a gift card in my sweaty hands. Even Lucky texted me and said to make sure and buy some nice stuff for both me and the house. I found a pie plate. And a spatula. And licorice. And underwear for my son. Oh, I did find 2 books but instead of buying them, I wrote down the titles to check out at the library. I'm a little disappointed in myself. Surely my priorities aren't changing? That would be bad, you know to save money and all. Although I admit, I may go back for Sons of Anarchy Season 6....

Comments

Popular Posts