Pinterest And Other Myths

I am hopelessly addicted to Pinterest.

  My heart leaps when I find someone following one of my boards, my stomach grumbles at yet another baked, loaded, stuffed potato bacon casserole with extra cheese and I visibly shudder when I see why I need to incorporate more smoothies and organization into my daily routine.

Aside from all that I have a bone to pick with Pinterest.  Sometimes I wonder if this is all a farce because unless it's me (highly probable), certain things simply don't work.

I know all the fun posting photos of Pinterest epic fails and I definitely fall into them but unlike the Elmo cakes and crocheted leg warmers there are more items that are a bit on the subtle side.  There are things you just assume work because they seem innocent and cheap enough.  

Frankly, I'm getting tired of the myth that Pinterest is the new Bible.

Let's take a few I have recently pinned to my board and subsequently, tried to make.  

Homemade Foot Soak.

As I posted on Facebook today, the condition of my feet from wearing rubber boots too long is simply atrocious.  I kid you not, the thickness of my callouses?  I could walk on coals and not feel a thing.

The idea is to soak your feet in a solution of warm water, vinegar, salt and Listerine.    

'Soak feet for 10 minutes and when you take them out the dead skin will practically wipe off.'


I call bull crap on the 'practically' part.  It doesn't wipe off, in fact it doesn't do anything other than leave you with pruny feet.  My advice?  Don't bother.  Fork out the bucks for a pedicure.

DIY Dishwasher Detergent

1 cup borax, 1 cup washing soda (or baking soda will work, as well), 1/2 cup citric acid, and 1/2 cup of kosher salt as a scrubbing agent. Use vinegar as your rinsing agent.


Yeah, whatever.  Not only did I have to run the dishwasher again, I had to scrub each dish individually to get the cloudy scum off of it.  I can't believe I had to MANUALLY wash my dishes.  As if...

I'm not sure if Pinterest pinners sit and around and think of ways to make our lives miserable or what, but this girl may take a hiatus.

Unless of course one of those baked potato casseroles shows up again...


Comments

Popular Posts