Losing My Mom Card....

My taste in music is quite varied but I will be honest in saying I really, really like Katy Perry and Eminem. Lest you think I am totally off my rocker I will tell you I have the 1974 acoustic concert of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young in my car as I write. Actually, I may have dug myself deeper here. On Katy's latest album, "Prism" there is an infectious song called "Happy Birthday." Seemed harmless enough and I enjoyed gettin my old mom groove on when the kids and I were in the car. The other day I was singing it in the house when Will caught me and said, "Mom, have you really listened to those lyrics? That song is super inappropriate." Just for the record, I am getting really sick of Will taking on a parental role. Such a buzz kill. Anyway, he goes on to QUOTE the lyrics. Complete with hand gestures. Bad move. "Let me get you in your birthday suit. It's time to bring out the big, big, big balloons." Oh boy. Somewhere along the line I had failed to recognize the lyrics as being a 'tad' sexual. Oh but he didn't stop there. "Mom, you know what birthday suit is, right?" "Yes" "And do you understand what she means by big balloons?" "Yes, she is talking about an assortment of birthday themed helium balloons you can buy on the cheap from The Dollar Tree." "No Mom. She doesn't mean balloons in the literal sense." "Ohhhhhhhhhhh" I think I just officially lost my mom card...


Comments

Popular Posts