Family Movie Nights

We have a Sunday movie night tradition in our house. We all look forward to it and really enjoy the time. We have watched some pretty funny movies together such as the original "Herbie", "In Search of the Castaways", and "Pollyanna." The older films are great because I have never seen them!
Anyway, I make homemade popcorn and it is worth the little extra trouble vs. the microwave. What can I say, blame it in on Rachael Ray for brainwashing me!

Movie Night Popcorn

Heat some canola oil in a deep pot until sizzly, add about 3/4 cup of popcorn and cover. Shake vigorously on stove top until popcorn is all popped. Remove from heat, remove lid (super hot, be careful!) and dump all of it into a paper bag. Add some melted butter and kosher salt. Shake it, shake it, shake it - move your body and dance a jig while you do it. I consider it my work out for the day :)
Dump into big bowl and there you have it! I like to add parmesean cheese as well but the kids aren't into it. My grown up version has garlic butter and parmesean cheese.

Enjoy a new tradition!

Comments

Popular Posts