"Whiney" Boy

Below was found written in Jaimey's little journal. I got such a kick out of it, I had to share it. Yes, it is true, Will and I had a very difficult day yesterday! My nerves were frazzled because he was so cranky. For example, we were in Target and please note, I had already gotten him a cookie and Horizon milk at Starbucks. Because of that, I didn't let him choose something out of the dollar bin since he already had a little treat. Well, he cried and cried and said it was "the worst day in his entire life." I think I need to take that boy on a mission trip to a 3rd world country for a reality check.

Anyway.........as written by Jaimey,

"Mom is reading to Whiney Boy (Will). Mom sounds weird (I was attempting a southern accent due to the nature of the book). Whiney Boy keeps asking Mom to read it again. This book is for observing, not for re-reading."

So, in light of yesterday's events I did a little research on a friend's blog - see "Chasing my Miracles" under my blog list. I find Jen's thoughts to be quite inspiring and God pleasing. So, if you read the Bickering posts 1&2 you will get a good idea. This morning I have started implementing these ideas and if you can believe it, I saw almost immediate results. We have a long ways to go but I took some encouragement in it. Thanks Jen for the insight!

Comments

Popular Posts