Convergence

Well, I don't have a lot of time to write tonight because Private Practice is on AND I just got disc 2 of The United States of Tara - lots to accomplish! :)

I have joined in a newly established Bible Study that I am really enjoying. We are studying a series called Convergence - Where Faith and Life Meet. It is hosted by none other than my hero, Donald Miller. The study is comprised of Donald interviewing selected Biblical scholars in matters of faith. I have a feeling it is going to provide plenty of discussion. For those who are familiar with Don's work, he isn't a touchy feely guy (darn!) He digs down and asks hard questions, many of which will be asked in this series.

There is a lot already for me to gnaw on but this struck me. So often we want to have mastery over our own lives. We want God's plan to conform to OUR plan and so we invite Him to join along. I love the definition the "guys" being interviewed gave to legalism. "I can control, I know the answers and I have management over God." Hmmm...not a lot of wiggle room there.

Instead, God invites us to surrender in a world of chaos. Redemption will happen eventually, are we going to enjoy the ride in the midst of the suffering knowing there is something greater for us in the eternal?

Comments

Popular Posts