Prayers for a Scone

I got such a chuckle out of this story then realized the validity of it. My friend was sharing with a group how she enjoys making jewelry pieces for her co-workers. As she is making them she is thinking of the specific person the gift is intended for and proceeds to say a little prayer of blessing over them.
She then turned to me and said, "Hey, you should do that with your scones." I laughed at the absurdity of it. But, then I got to thinking on it later. How would it be if I said a blessing over each person who ate something I made? Actually, that is pretty hilarious. People should be prayed over who eat my food - you never know what might be in it. :)

Seriously though, I wonder if all of us did that, what kind of impact could it make on people? We might be surprised at the results.

Comments

Popular Posts