Bob vs. Jacob

We ended up watching the 1938 version of "A Christmas Carol." In my mind, it is the absolute best one featuring Reginald Owen as Ebenezer Scrooge. Although, I'm always ready to clobber Tiny Tim when he is wringing his hands at the dinner table wanting to stroke the goose meat. Even in 1938 the movie is pretty scary, especially when Jacob Marley makes his ghostly appearance, clad in chains. Don't you just love the message of the film though? It is timeless to me.

Jaimey ended up visiting our room late last night pondering the name of "the man in chains." My answer was Bob Marley, a no brainer in my mind. Jaimey looked at me quizzically and said "Mom, Bob Marley is a reggae singer!" Ooops, my bad.

Kids are off from school the entire week which is both a blessing and a curse. However, I love the freedom it provides from such a strict routine.

Here's to a week of hopefully a calmer schedule but somehow I doubt that will actually happen!

Comments

Popular Posts