The Grinch Who Burnt The Caramel Corn

My daughter calls my blog my "blab." "Hey Mama, are you going to put such and such on your blab?" Freudian slip? Perhaps. I do know she saw me writing a post about her the other day and she actually said, "Mama, do you really have to post that about me?" I felt bad so I deleted it. Bummer. It was a funny story too.

My husband told me the other day that he doesn't read my blog. Our friend told him, "Why should you? You are living what she writes about every day." Well said, my friend. Well said. Thank goodness for family and friends to give me fodder to write about!

Today, for the second time, I am attempting to make homemade caramel corn. One would think, having gone to cooking school I would possess some serious mad skills in this department. On the contrary. I am convinced that meringues and caramels are my nemesis and if graduation had relied on making them successfully, I would have failed. Miserably. I burnt the crapola out of my first batch and I turned into a total grinch when it failed. I was so ticked off and maybe, just maybe, I used some "grinchish" language that should only be saved for a serious situation like being caught without toilet paper or something. The recipe was given to me by my friend who is a caramel extraordinaire, in my opinion. She has this lovely thing she does with her caramel corn. She drizzles chocolate over it once it has cooled, lets it set and then packages it for lovely gifts. Kind of like Moose Munch from Harry and David's, only better. Keep in mind she made her own vanilla extract last year. Yep, she's one of those geniuses.
So now I am on batch number two and the jury is still out on the quality and taste. IF and this is a big IF it turns out maybe I will make it yet again and try to post it. Don't keep your fingers crossed for too long though.

Comments

  1. Thank you for the incredible compliment! But I have to disagree with you - you make incredible scones, cookies, and cakes on a regular basis and makes dinners with things like balsamic reductions. Sounds like one of those geniuses to me!! And I've gotta tell you, I've been making caramel corn for years. And while most of the time, it's pretty darn good, there have been some epic fails along the way!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I welcome comments but please if you are a hater, maybe keep it to yourself. In other words, don't be a dick.

Popular Posts