I Don't Make Resolutions

Do you make New Year's resolutions? I do. I make a resolution to NOT make a resolution. I always disappoint myself because I can never keep them. I have a few things in mind I would like to accomplish but if I tell you then I have to be accountable and I'm not sure I'm ready for that responsibility.

Last night I had a house full of giggly girls ages 8 and younger. I had decided (why?) that I would have an evening to celebrate New Years by hosting a little craft and movie night.

Our refrigerator broke down on Christmas Eve and finally the parts arrived yesterday. Of course, the tech appeared 10 minutes after all the girls arrived to install them. Naturally! My plan was to have the girls decorate some sugar cookies, make individual pizzas and then watch Ramona and Beezus together, complete with brownies and popcorn.

Soon, our refrigerator was literally parted out all over the kitchen floor and the tech was completely folded up inside the bottom freezer compartment. In the midst of all the activity though, I was able to wipe and scrub down my freezer when he crawled out. How is that for some multi-tasking? Our cat decided he liked the tech and proceeded to settle in for a nap on his jacket. This was after milling through and sniffing all of his equipment. Nothing like a little cat hair getting stuck in our new motherboard or worse, the ice machine.

I wish I had some sordid details to share with you over what the girls said or did but surprisingly it was pretty uneventful. Aside from some spilled drinks, sugar highs and tales of what their dads wear to bed at night (ewww!), they seemed to have a good time.

Still, I'm hesitant to call this a new annual tradition. Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts