Valentine's Menu For The Young and Old

First of all the only good thing about Valentine's Day, in my humble opinion, is my Grandma's birthday and my friend Jo's birthday.

That being said...


I put together a little Valentine's Dinner for 3 adults and 2 kids.  Monday nights we have a close friend and his girls over and since this Monday is Valentine's, well it begged for some recognition. 

So I wanted to do something Ree Drummond(ish) of Pioneer Woman (http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/)  for the 'menfolk' and something kid friendly for the wee ones.  Notice I fit into neither category...

Valentine's Dinner for 4 children and 2 dudes:

Ree Drummond's Fried Pork Chops  Roasted Carrots with Olive Oil, Sea Salt and Pepper
My "Please don't think about the calories" Mashed Potatoes
Fresh Strawberries
Heart Shaped Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (which the guys ate as well, I noticed)
Red Velvet Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache Frosting

Valentine Bingo Game




I love the cupcake liners and I got them for mere pennies at IKEA last summer.  I piped the ganache on the cupcakes until it was like 2 inches high - I wasn't surprised when the kids gave up after a few bites.  Even my kids were stuffed!  These innocent little cupcakes could down a Sumo wrestler, pretty rich.

But, don't feel too sorry for me - I treated myself to a brisk walk with my friend Jo, followed it with my yoga class and a smoothie from Steam Heat and capped it off by scoring on a lovely pair of curtains at Goodwill. 

Happy Birthday to my dear, beautiful Grandma!  It would take years to tell of the many, many ways she has blessed me.  My life is better because of her - I love you Grandma!

Comments

Popular Posts