When It Snows Make Ginger Cookies

We woke up to an 1/8 inch of snow and our town went freakin' nuts.  2 hour school delays ensued and little anxious eyes kept watching for more flakes to fall in hopes school would close for the entire day.

No such luck.  I don't know about you but I'm not a huge fan of snow, simply because it is incovenient.  I know, shame on me!  Whatever happened to living in the moment, right?  But I was really ticked at the school district because it meant I had to miss my gym class.  Remember it is all about ME and MY needs.  Although a day with cocoa, blankets and movies sounds downright nice!

Anyhoo, the kids were hoping for some fresh baked yumminess in the form of a cookie.  What better cookie to celebrate a cold day than Ginger Cookies.  My recipe is one I tweaked and is a combo of both my Grandma's recipe and Ina Garten's.
One of these days I will share the recipe but for now, enjoy the view.




Comments

Popular Posts