Lemon Blueberry Buttermilk Cake

As spring slowly arrives here in Oregon I'm noticing foods are taking on a more lemony flair with some blueberries thrown in for good measure.

I attended a meeting last Saturday evening and I wanted to bring a little something to go along with the already awesome assortment of carmelized onion dips, salsa and the like.

What resulted was Lemon Blueberry Buttermilk Cake.  Thanks to http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/ I was able to make something off of her Tasty Kitchen Blog.  Can I just say again how much I love her recipes?  Have you read her new book that came out recently?  It is called "From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" detailing her romance with her cowboy husband, Marlboro Man.  It is a cute read.

A couple things on the cake.  The recipe calls for 1/2 STICK of unsalted butter.  Well, because I was daydreaming as usual I accidentally put in a full stick of butter.  When I realized it I just went with it and you know what?  The crumb of the cake was very delicate, light and flavorful.  I think I will always use a full stick.  Also, use fresh blueberries if possible.  As you know my photography is terrible so thank you for understanding!

Comments

Popular Posts