This Little Piggy Went To Market

Who doesn't love a good farmer's market?  Early in the year provides one with some eye candy of spring color.  My partner in crime joined me on a little market research yesterday and we weren't disappointed.  I will be honest though, I'm not a fan of leafy greens like chard and kale.  This is the season for the cool crops so they were in full abundance.  I DID purchase spinach which I plan on sauteeing in olive oil and garlic. We were met with amazing smells from some fantastic food vendors.  Organic italian sausages with grilled peppers on a ciabatta rolls just about had me begging.  Pine State Biscuits breakfast sandwiches made me about pass out and the baking...oh the beautiful baking...
Pretty amazing smells working together to create this intoxicating scent of fresh food.  It is fun to be in a community of people that feel the same way about food as you do.  I love the vibe of the market.  I love the appreciative comments and respect for the farmer's hard work.  Nothing makes a farmer more proud than to hear their customers recommending their product to a total stranger!
French baguette from Pearl Bakery and organic carrots from local farm vendor

Need I say more?  It was fun to see some of our vendors reppin' Silverton in Portland

The beauty of spring

Jaimey looking ready for spring and her school's sock hop

Comments

Popular Posts