Friday, April 29, 2011

Trivial Post

The man I have lived with for 17 years deserves an award.  He drove to Anthropologie (my favorite but forbidden in my budget store.)  I have been eyeing these gorgeous measuring cups for months now.  They are so beautiful, Anthropologie never disappoints.  However I could never justify the price tag.

Let's just say they look very lovely sitting in my kitchen.  How Ray figured out the exact ones I wanted I will never know, but he pulled it off and now I am graced by their presence!  I guess after this long in the game we start getting an idea of one another's taste.  Oh, who am I kidding?  I described them down to the letter but he still deserves an award because he found them in the store!  Thank you Ray!

Trivial Week Wrap Up:

1) My dog ate both the Burt's Bees lip balm AND all the plastic Easter eggs.  That poor girl can't hear worth a darn but she can sniff out a treasure, it is uncanny!

2) I am an official groupie of a fitness instructor.  She asked me to fetch her a water during class promising a free ticket to an upcoming event if I did it.  Yes, I fell for it.  It reminded me of school days, "I'll be your best friend if....."

3) I discovered a woman in the bathroom eating yams.  Nuff said...

4) A woman in Target (who also attends my church) was trash talking to her husband about his inability to choose Mother's Day cards for his mom.  Loved it enough that I followed her through the store to see who won.  She definitely came out as victor.   Yikes!

5)  Ray challenged me to a boxing match now that I am in the class.  We came to the conclusion that probably isn't the best idea.  Did I mention 17 years??

6) My son wore his baseball cup to school (unbeknownst to me.)  Jaimey had a very rude comment as to why he did it which I won't repeat.  Suffice to say she had a stern talking to.  Will and I had a different conversation.

7)  I served my family 'crunchy' split pea soup.  Yuck.  I made up for it though by making some pretty incredible cookies.

Tonight I have the privilege of seeing the movie, Jane Eyre and going to dinner with some pretty incredible women.

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You had me at Anthropologie! Sometimes expense is justified for the pure, unadulturated loveliness that only that store produces. Enjoy your measuring cups:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spied on you in Target today....you didn't see me did you ;) I was shopping all by myself without the olders and it was lovely. I also nursed in the dressing room, that wasn't so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments but please if you are a hater, maybe keep it to yourself. In other words, don't be a dick.