School And A Score

Just a couple more days before school is out and I hate to say it, but I am in mourning.  I'm not going to lie.  Having 2 children in school is a wonderful thing.  While I absolutely love and value our time together I would be dishonest if I didn't say I welcome the freedom that having kids in school brings.  However, I will be grateful for a break in the strict routine of getting ready for school every morning!  The kids are ready for a break as well.  I will need to be careful with our budget because I am a sucker for impromptu frozen yogurt and Starbucks stops which are made much more fun when the kids are with me! 
On that note, first stop will be IKEA.  I'm just saying.

This morning I made homemade buttermilk waffles and I had some fresh strawberries from the farmers market to put on them.  We paired that with some coffee and old Johnny Cash songs. I was one happy girl.

Will went on a field trip and one of the stops was the library.  The librarian was asking the students what genre of books they liked best.  Apparently Will raised his hand and announced that his favorite books were ones that were "very violent."  Of course, a collective gasp went up from the shocked mothers who were chaperoning. The librarian however never missed a beat and asked him to give examples. 

Will answered the Chronicles of Narnia, Bad Kitty series, vintage Star Wars and any picture book that isn't for babies. 

Oh I almost forgot....check out this vintage dresser I got at the multi family garage sale we hosted at our house.  Yes, we all shopped each other's junk.  However, this beauty was in no way close to being junk! It is between 40 and 50 years old, complete with the rolling casters on the legs.  It  was originally used as a changing table/dresser when our close friend was a baby.  Total score.  Now where to put it....

Comments

  1. Can I just say I like you more and more every time I read your blog? Just sayin :)

    And I love the dresser!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I welcome comments but please if you are a hater, maybe keep it to yourself. In other words, don't be a dick.

Popular Posts