Seattle Part 1

I have always loved Seattle and I first met the city while living in Central Washington.  On weekends we would cross over the Cascade mountains and have an amazing day visiting the city, only to cry when it was time to return to the barren wasteland we had to call home at the time.   
So we were told this dive was the place to go for amazing greasy food.  I think the jury is still out on that one but at least none of us got ill.
This past week we took a quick overnight trip in hopes of getting a lot of fun accomplished in a short amount of time.  We had been planning this trip with friends for a while so it was fun to see it come to fruition.  While in our adult minds we would have loved hanging out in classy bistros, bookstores and coffeehouses, we had to make sure the little ones had some memories to hold onto as well.  In the end I think we all agreed that it was a good time to be one of our kids because honestly, we gave them one heck of an experience.  I mean how often do kids get to candy shops, Mariner games, swimming pools and Rainforest cafes all in the space of 24 hours?  Let's not forget all souvenirs, ice cream, pastries, arcades and carousels!

This trip was Father's Day, Karen's birthday and 'it's really great to be one of our kids' combo pack.  Long live the erupting Volcano Lava Brownie cake with ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate fudge!

Gotta love Pike's Place Market - Peonies are my favorite flower and the market was full of them

Yes, this is the original Starbucks that began 40 years ago (the year of my birth, sniff sniff)

I have more photos that I will share but for now if you ever get a chance to be at Pike's Place make sure to get a chocolate croissant from Le Panier bakery, make sure you buy a large wedge of Beecher's Farmstead Cheese and make sure to visit more than one of the millions of Starbucks located down there because the decor and style differ in each one.
And yes, we drank more than one...

Comments

  1. I love peonies too! The pale pink are my favorite. They smell like my childhood.
    I've got some ugly Rhody bushes by the front door which will need to come out and in their place I'd like to put in peonies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I welcome comments but please if you are a hater, maybe keep it to yourself. In other words, don't be a dick.

Popular Posts