Spur Of The Moment Pasta

I had trouble deciding what to make for dinner tonight.  What's new?  I desperately need to go grocery shopping so I had to be creative.  I'm not sure my family was impressed with my culinary 'prowess' but at least it was healthy! 
I had some cheese tortellini (Da Vinci Brand) and I had plenty of fresh baby red bell pepper, tomatoes, garlic, zucchini and basil - all from the farmer's market.
So, I cooked the tortellini and while it was draining, I sauteed the garlic, zucchini and peppers together with olive oil, kosher salt, ground pepper and a splash of white wine.  Then I just added the pasta back to the veggies, gave it a toss and added in the fresh tomatoes and some marinara sauce.  
I topped it with freshly grated parmesan and chopped basil. 
Oh, I also served it with some panini rolls from Trader Joes.
Not bad for an easy dinner.






Comments

Popular Posts