When Dad Is Gone

Since it is just me and the kiddos tonight I decided I would give them their choice of dinner.  Not sure if I should have done that.  They requested 'griddle foods' meaning pancakes and grilled cheese sandwiches.  I'm not sure that I like pancakes for dinner but the kids certainly loved them.  Buddy and Lady did too... :(

Next we made popcorn with parmesan cheese (a favorite) while we watched an adaptation of Jack and the Beanstalk.  If all goes as planned the kids will be in bed and then I can watch my movie.  Wishful thinking.

Oh, our book club chose another book to start reading.  It is called "Jim and Casper Go to Church." 
Looks like a good one.  This christian guy teams up with an atheist guy and together they go and visit all these churches across the nation and then enter into a discussion about what they observe.  What they find is a deep need for people to be more transparent, respectful and authentic.

From what I have read so far American churches has some serious work to do!   

Comments

Popular Posts