'Scents' and Sensibility

I'm not going to lie.  The past couple of weeks around our house have been very trying.  We are awaiting some medical news, hassling a new contract regarding our home, our sweet 15 yr old doggy is nearing the end I'm afraid and the list goes on with a menagerie of concerns.  It finally came to a head at 6am this morning.  I completely lost it on the phone with someone I have never met regarding above mentioned house contract.  He will not want to speak to me anytime soon.

Last night was epic though.  We spent the afternoon at my Mom's house which is always a treat.  She lives in the country in the middle of a huge grass seed farm.  Pretty remote and very beautiful.  We left at dark and the kiddos headed out the front door.  All of a sudden the kids ran screaming and crying into the house yelling "skunk!"  I started laughing because it is not uncommon for skunks to be hanging around my mom's yard.  Being in the country and all....

But then I  started screaming too when I realized the kids were actually sprayed by the skunk! i I guess Jaimey reached down to pet it, thinking it was one of Mom's cats.  Gosh, I wish we had this little scene on video.  Of course, they were covered in the stench and brought it all into the house.  I'm not kidding you, that smell was so horrific I was actually gagging and my eyes were watering.

It reminded me of the tear gas experience I had while marching in a protest...but that is a story for another time.  :)

Then Ray walked through the aftermath as well and pretty soon our entire family was covered in skunk stench.
We had to drive home and this morning the car still smells horrible.  I had to bundle up in clothes that I could later take off at work so that I wouldn't absorb too much of the fumes.  Although, totally cool to be sent home because of skunk stench, yes?  One for the record books I would think.

While tomato juice has the reputation for being the smell killer in skunks, there actually is a better method.  Save the tomato juice for the bloody mary's you will need to make after dealing with the clean up.  Use hydrogen peroxide, liquid detergent and baking soda instead.  Plus, it is like a science experiment.  Enjoy the cool visuals as it combines and foams like Mt. Vesuvius before you all jump in the tub.

So the next time you or someone you know gets sprayed by a skunk, a word of wisdom to you.  For the love of all things, don't get in your vehicle wearing clothes covered in skunk juice.  Common 'scents' people.  Hahaha, get it?  Common SCENTS? 

Obviously I need to sign off now.

Comments

Post a Comment

I welcome comments but please if you are a hater, maybe keep it to yourself. In other words, don't be a dick.

Popular Posts