On Hold

Phone calls at my work are recorded given the nature of the business. 

Most often I need to put a client, provider or what have you on hold in order to let me research things a bit.

In my mind 'on hold' means NO ONE can hear you.

Apparently at my work it doesn't... unless you initiate a mute button.

I did not realize that.  True, while the client you are speaking with can't hear you, anyone recording your call CAN.

Did I mention I did not realize this?  To me, hold was hold for EVERYONE!

OOPS.

Oh the things my bosses have heard.  Anything from me singing Christmas carols, snorting in frustration, chewing a starburst, talking myself down off a ledge, slurping coffee, chatting to my neighbor, asking myself why the heck I am working where I am working, cheerfully greeting random people who walk by, muttering to myself "I can't do this, I can't do this, I can't do this" like it is some kind of mantra, and 'singing' rap.

So I was told by one of my bosses that anytime I like I can go in and listen to my phone conversations...in their entirety (wink, wink.)

I respectfully declined.



Comments

Popular Posts