Yet Another Lego Crisis

Will was very upset last evening.  He was missing yet another tiny lego and he was precise in decribing it's detail to me so that I could help him look.  When I showed him the most recent tote we had sorted he kind of melted down which resulted in a rude response.  He loses all sense of reason when it comes to Legos (see yesterday's post for proof)

Crisis was finally averted and I let him know that his behavior towards me would not be tolerated.  I asked him why he thought it was OK to talk to me in that tone and he said he didn't know.  I told him that I knew he would never speak to daddy that way and I asked him why he thought it was OK to do that with me.

Once again he said he didn't know so I asked him to please be honest, I just wanted a truthful answer.  I should have just let it be...

"Well, your consequences are easier than daddy's consequences."

I thanked him for his honesty, found the missing Lego and walked towards his door.  Before I left, I turned to him,

"By the way Will, a new Sheriff is in town, her name is Momma."

Take that!

Comments

Popular Posts