Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Yet Another Lego Crisis

Will was very upset last evening.  He was missing yet another tiny lego and he was precise in decribing it's detail to me so that I could help him look.  When I showed him the most recent tote we had sorted he kind of melted down which resulted in a rude response.  He loses all sense of reason when it comes to Legos (see yesterday's post for proof)

Crisis was finally averted and I let him know that his behavior towards me would not be tolerated.  I asked him why he thought it was OK to talk to me in that tone and he said he didn't know.  I told him that I knew he would never speak to daddy that way and I asked him why he thought it was OK to do that with me.

Once again he said he didn't know so I asked him to please be honest, I just wanted a truthful answer.  I should have just let it be...

"Well, your consequences are easier than daddy's consequences."

I thanked him for his honesty, found the missing Lego and walked towards his door.  Before I left, I turned to him,

"By the way Will, a new Sheriff is in town, her name is Momma."

Take that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments but please if you are a hater, maybe keep it to yourself. In other words, don't be a dick.