Good Times

I just got back from a delightful weekend at the coast with 8 lovely friends.  I haven't laughed that hard in quite some time.  I'm sorry to say but I have to protect the innocent.  What happened at the beach is going to need to stay at the beach.  Let me be clear in stating however, nothing illegal occurred unless wearing muppet pjs and kermit the frog slippers counts as illegal.  For the record, I was not the one wearing them.

I didn't get the job I waxed on about last week.  Thanks for being patient as I shared my nervousness about whether or not I would get it.  Boy howdy, it sent me into a day of depression.  I was so concerned for them.  Whatever are they are going to do without me??  Hmmm... I have a feeling they will recover :)

I interviewed for another job on Thursday so now I am back to the nervous stage again.  I wish a nervous stomach promoted weight loss.  I would be so flippin' thin right now!  On top of that I had a mammogram on Wednesday.  Naturally they called me back to say they have a "finding" they want to check out further.  Oh but not to worry because millions of women are called back.  I do know that to be true but I laughed at the irony of it all.  The irony being my insurance ends in 2 days.

I found this to be humorous.  On my way home I noticed a man taking a photo of a woman standing next to a sign on the main road that goes through our town. Apparently we live on the 45th parallel of some such thing or another and there is a sign which indicates that fact. Obviously these folks are hard up for a true vacation because he was taking a photo of this gal standing next to it.  I shudder to think of someone considering our city a destination spot.  Maybe they were making a coffee table book of places NEVER to visit, who knows?

 

Comments

Popular Posts