Creature of Comfort

Do you have comforts that give you rest or rejuvenation or both?  If so, what are they?

My list has the potential to be long but a few stand out in my mind...

Extra Hot Skinny Mochas - preferably from Starbucks, most enjoyed after a particularly intense, sweaty workout.  I blame it on the need for a post work out recovery drink. 

Rainy Sunday Afternoons - made even cozier with a thick blanket, hot tea and a great novel. I justify this by telling myself I will be rested for the upcoming week.  Well, it sounds good anyway!

Family Movie and Taco Night - Sunday evenings we have tacos for dinner, followed by sliced fruit, gummy bears and homemade popcorn with a movie. Yes, I know...major carb load.

Visiting my Mom at her Farm - I don't know what it is but that is a huge escape retreat for me.  I talk her poor ear off, look at her decorater and food magazines and eat her pecan chocolate brownies.  My mom really refreshes me with her encouraging, positive spirit.

Dates with my husband - these are extremely rare unfortunately but when we do have one I always value our time plus he affirms me as a wonderful wife and mother (he knows by saying this it gets him off the hook :)

I'm noticing a trend here.  Everything I have written has to do with food in some form or another.  Hmmmm...

OK, your turn.  What are some comforts for you?

Comments

Popular Posts