Easter At The Beach

Easter weekend found us in Depoe Bay and Nye Beach with part of Ray's family, specifically his two brothers plus their wives and kids.  We arrived to the most gorgeous condo.  My sister in law had done all the reserving and planning and we were yet again amazed at her ability to choose such a delightful setting.  Both of my sister in laws are awesome women in every way and not just because of their culinary skills.  Speaking of which, let's talk food.

Dinner started with fresh steamer clams.  How great is that?  The best part?  Using baguette to sop all that beautiful garlic and wine juice at the bottom of the bowl. 


Lots of backgammon was played this weekend, thankfully not by me.

Easter morning we ate candy for breakfast.  Well, some of us did anyway.  We not only had one but TWO french presses on board for some amazing coffee brew.  By the way,  how do fresh shrimp and white cheddar omelettes sound? 

I'm sure a lot of you have visited Nye Beach.  It is this little don't blink or you will miss it kind of place.  It is full of whimsy, character, beautiful beach access, and great food.

I love this quirky bookstore.  The look of the brambles twisting around on the sign seems fitting once you step inside.   

 I need to mix up my lawn chair color with these cool Adirondacks.  Talk about livening up a place with some color. 
 If you have the opportunity, stay or at least visit the the Sylvia Beach Hotel.  The rooms are named for authors, Jane Austen being one of them.  Rest assured Harry Potter fans, there is a J.K. Rowling room available.  The restaurant is set up family style and dinner always starts with the game, "Two truths and a lie" to get to know your neighbors sitting next to you.  Check out http://www.sylviabeachhotel.com/ It is a beautiful spot!



I would be remiss if I didn't mention Mojo Coffee again.  Not only is their coffee awesome, their baked goods are organically made by the local Rockfish bakery (http://www.rockfishbakery.com/) in town.  I'm pretty picky about chocolate chip cookies but these rock and roll.


For Easter dinner we made chicken breasts stuffed with goat cheese, basil and sundried tomatoes.  I made stuffed mushrooms with brie which I got out of http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/ 's new cookbook, Food from My Frontier.  My sister in law made this divine salad that had some fabulous briny olives in it.  God bless her!

So if you ever want me to go on vacation with you so I can blog about what you eat, just let me know.  My rates are quite inexpensive :)

Comments

Popular Posts