Rollercoaster

What a rollercoaster of events.  I was sharing yesterday about my disappointment with a job offer that didn't come to be and how I was going to self medicate with pasta and brownies (not necessarily in that order.)

This morning I received a phone call offering me the position. What the what?  Did I miss something here?

Did their first choice bow out?  I'm not sure. At any rate I was floored.  I was almost mad, all my wasted emotions and calories for nothing! 
This call was supposed to be the sympathetic "It was so hard to choose, you both are so wonderful" speel when in fact, it was quite the opposite.  

Last night after my carb fest I was looking at a study I do with a group of lovely gals and I felt it was timely for me.

This isn't meant to be preachy, only sharing my heart here so bear with me....

In the book of Matthew there is a verse that says,

OK, so when I read that I immediately think whatever I ask for, I'm going to get.  

Apparently that is not the case.  Since when did life become so unfair? :)

Unfortunately, I don't think we can or should automatically assume that the whole asking, seeking and knocking gig is going to give us the answer we think we should have. 

Dang it all!

Can it be the answer we need even though it isn't the one we want?  

I'm afraid so.

Can it be the answer of "Not now, wait?" 

Yup.

Regardless of the answer are we still going to trust God with the outcome? 

Oh goody, another life lesson to ponder. 



"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks, receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

Comments

Popular Posts