Well, At Least He Was Honest....

I have been noticing a change in my son recently.  Dare I say it has been a slightly good change.  Don't get me wrong, he is still a butt with his sister and she with him.  This is different, a disturbance in the force if you will.  He is beoming more polite and insightful.  I'm not sure what to make of it.

A couple of examples,

Yesterday I discovered he gave some of his money and legos to his little buddy. He also told him if he won the Lego prize pack, he would give him half.
He told me it was much better to be generous than greedy.

Today after school he asked me if I needed help putting the groceries away.  That one is a shocker.

He asked me if he could do any chores for me to help out.

He helped his dad rebuild the lawnmower this weekend.

He cheered on his teammates at his ball game.

He told his friend at school he would pray for him when he got injured.

He apologized to his music teacher this morning for being disruptive in class last Friday. 

Today I finally let him know how much I appreciated his efforts.  I also questioned what had transpired to make him much more attentive to the needs of others.

"Well Mom, I decided I want my allowance back."

And here I thought I was raising a future humanitarian...

Comments

Popular Posts