1st Weekend Of Fall

This morning would have been a great morning to run into old acquaintances, past bosses, school mates and the like. Let's just say I was lookin' good walking Gracie. NOT! My wardrobe choice of the day was nothing short of spectacular. Enter in dog chewed marathon running shoes in the ugly colors of yellow and red (Ronald McDonald creepy), black leggings complete with a mass of yellow dog hair, a "Recycle In Oregon" hoodie 50 sizes too big and hair that...well let's leave that part out. Anyway, all would be forgiven if persons listed above had a chance to try these Velvet Lava Muffins that I made. On weekend mornings I like to do one morning of breakfast pastry such as coffee cake, scones or muffins and one the other morning I like to do something more substantial. You can find this recipe on my Pinterest board under Favorite Recipes. You simply must make them, if nothing else for the smell. Super easy and they taste like a donut. Don't concentrate on the amount of butter so by all means, roll the warm muffin in the melted butter and then liberally coat them with the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Marley the Lab is very ill but is making a comeback today. He has been through 3 surgeries and I will spare the details of what we woke up to Friday morning. Poor boy, it was a scene of me running into the vet's office with him wrapped in a blanket. He is what I call, on Hospice. His condition changes from day to day so each day we DO have with him is a blessing. Consoling everyone with homemade chicken noodle soup and bread on this blustery day. A trip to Goodwill for retail therapy may also be in store for all. The kids are going to make a special collage in honor of Mr. Marley.

Comments

Popular Posts