Scotland For Dummies

I'm finding myself at the library every day lately. I bring my Nancy Drew library tote and hunt for the latest find. Also, I am so petrified of late fees that I am almost obsessive about returning books. Learned the hard way how bad that can go! In between shuttling kids to 3 different schools, household stuff and all the running around, I find the library as a wee bit of respite. I also check out books I never read, simply for the thrill of checking out books. Cheap entertainment, I suppose. My latest find is 'Scotland for Dummies.' I have the rare opportunity to travel to Scotland on December 26th for New Years. Biggest. Christmas. Gift. Ever. Having never visited the United Kingdom, I am more than excited but I am already finding myself in tears over the thought of being away from Lucky and all the children. Thank God for Ambien since I am not a great flier. I have been saving my little stash for such an occasion. At any rate, I hope to educate myself enough to not mistake Haggis for some wonderful pastry and confuse scotch for tea - that kinda thing. I have a nice little layover in Amsterdam before landing in Edinburgh but I think I will refrain from eating any brownies or sitting too close to anyone in the coffee shops. It is no wonder Amsterdam is considered one of the friendliest cities in the world. How could it not be with plenty of marijuana at your disposal? Actually, now that I think about it, Portland may not be too far down the list. I am so looking forward to the opportunity to go so put your kilt orders in now. Speaking of kilts, I think one of the great mysteries of the world is whether or not men wear anything underneath their kilts. It is one mystery I am happy to leave unsolved.

Comments

Popular Posts