Recap: Part One

I'm starting some writing I like to refer to as, "A Day In The Silly Life Of Jessica Because She Can't Think Of Anything Else To Write About" series. For the past 2 weeks I have sat in front of a blank computer screen with an equally blank mind, clueless on what to write about. Sadly, the above mentioned is what I have come up with. According to my writing hero Donald Miller, in order to be a good writer, one has to write every single day no matter what. Writing shouldn't be easy, anything worth anything requires discipline, hard work and consistency. This could be a reason why I am not a good writer. In fact, each time I sat down I got a little sick to my stomach. Something has been amiss. I have discovered it is due, in part, to my postings a couple weeks ago that were a bit more on the serious side. Not gonna lie, hurt and anger resurfaced requiring me to put in practice what I wrote about. This also came with a price I wasn't exactly prepared for so I have made a decision. The next time I write on a serious topic I better be prepared to deal with the emotions it creates in ways that are constructive and healing rather than struggling through days of tears and remorse for past hurts. Better yet, maybe I can call someone to slap me upside the head first! Don't get me wrong, a lot of good came from it, for that I am grateful. So on a different subject altogether....here is a glimpse of the last 4 days. I am now sporting a hair color that would make Naomi Judd jealous. I was priding myself on the fact that I was buying a vegan hair coloring product from locally owned, New Seasons. I don't care who you are, NEVER EVER buy a hair color that has the word "Copper" in the title. Trust me on this. Naomi is gonna take me on tour, I can feel it. I established with a new primary care physician now that I am in the Portland area. She was young, kind and beautiful so you can imagine how inspired I was when she told me that over the past 2 years I have gained 20 lbs. In other words, she gave me the green light to continue eating cupcakes and full fat mochas because hey, at least I hadn't gained ALL the weight back. I have become aware of the growing population of gorgeous moms sporting toned butts in cute yoga pants while getting their dry cleaning delivered along with housecleaning services, doggy day care and lawn maintenance. Sadly, I am not one of those women Just give me the toned butt, that's all I care about. Also, I wouldn't argue over the doggy day care. I sang Katy Perry's "Dark Horse." To the dogs. Complete with my interpretive dance moves. They seemed frightened and VERY glad to see the kids and Lucky come home. Lastly, I was invited to interview for the position of head Pastry Chef for a small, family owned Italian restaurant. I was mildly interested until I read all the Yelp and Urban Spoon reviews. When a review titled, "The Health Department should make a visit to this place" showed up I figured this could be a lucrative business move for me. So I did the honest thing by lying and telling them I took another position. Stay tuned for my story about the woman I caught breaking into my car this morning...


Comments

Popular Posts