Mom Goes Ghetto

'In the latest edition of, Mom Goes Ghetto, students at the local Junior High School were shocked by the appearance of a classmate's mother in the pick up line today' ......

Uh, that would be me.  Guilty as charged.  I have brought motherhood down to a whole new level, ghetto style that is.  I am kinda the lone wolf in this undeveloped pack

That morning I had gone into my hair stylist for a 'root and scoop', layman's term for get that flippin' grey out of my hair stat.  After an hour or so, you wash it out at home.  I had told my stylist I was going to stop by my daughter's school on the way home.  She told me I was going NO WHERE other than straight home to wash it out, unless I wanted child services showing up.

Like many moms, things come up.  We get busy, our minds are going in several directions at once..  All this to say, I forgot about washing it out.

Time to get my daughter, so jump in my car and head out.  I got my Bob Marley T-Shirt on from Goodwill and I'm bumping to Ed Sheeran's, "Sing" as I careen into the school lot.

My daughter comes out, gets in the car, takes one look at me and says, "Mom! What the heck?"

As always, I'm one log short of a cord so I asked, "What?"

"YOUR HAIR!"

Oh crap.  No wonder my scalp was so tingly.  I had left the dye in for 3 hours.

That my friends, is just another day in my life...  

smiling happy woman with crazy hair Stock Photo - 26527726

Comments

Popular Posts