6 Ways I Still Treat My Kids Like Toddlers
I had a startling revelation yesterday. Just so you know, these are rare events so when it 'happens', I take heed.
I was in the midst of preparing my kid's lunches when it hit me. There are so many ways I still treat my kids as if they were toddlers.
For the record, my kids are nearing 11 and 13 years of age.
Granted, seeing them grow has been difficult for this mom who truly possesses the mind of a 12 year old herself, but still, one would think I would be all too eager to move on from those seasons of life and embrace their independence.
I'm almost embarrassed to admit these but as I always say, I'm the epitome of parenting fails so chalk this up to another one.
1) I still peel my kid's oranges. What. The Heck.
2) I still pour their milk First of all, what tween still drinks milk?
3) I start my son's shower to HEAT UP THE WATER for him. Are you kidding me?
4) I sniff them when they walk by to make sure they don't stink. OK, that's just gross.
5) I get all "goo goo gaa gaa" over them when they scratch themselves. Seriously, get yourself a flippin band aid already.
6) I dish up my son's food. I can see doing that for your pet. A 10 year old? Have mercy.
In reality, I'm messing up my kids because I'm only encouraging them to be useless members of society and yet...here I am.
Today is a new day. I am proud to say I sent oranges in my kid's lunches today....unpeeled.