This Weekend Deserves The Middle Finger

Ever have one of those weekends you wish you could either do over or pretend it never happened?

Yeah.

Me too.

I don't know, but it seems like every weekend some sort of crap stops by the house and makes itself cozy for the weekend.

This weekend proved both this theory and my resilience.

Our dog, Gracie the Greyhound,  is a rescue from the racing tracks in Kansas.  Obviously she likes to run so the dog park provides some space for her.  This girl, no joke, runs full speed at 40 mph.

Naturally as life would have it, she was attacked by a German Shepherd who proceeded to tear into our girl, causing a huge gaping wound on her side.

OK,  I apologize to the people at the dog park who witnessed my complete and utter meltdown.  This was THE meltdown of meltdowns.  Screaming, crying, yelling, cursing at the dog owner, hyperventilating, trying to stop the bleeding and completely losing my mind, was the very least of my dramatic performance.  Oscar worthy, I kid you not.  I wish I could say I was just acting. No, these feelings?  So, so real.  Lucky and I are very grateful that none of the kids were witness to such a horrid event.

To give you an idea of the extent of the damage to Gracie, the vet lost count of the stitches.  Thankfully, although it will be a long process, she is going to be OK.



I am already writing an article in my head titled, "You Know You Are An Emotional Wreck When..."
taking purely from personal experience, of course.

On top of that, my son got a phone.  Enough said there.

See what I mean?  Weekends really suck around here, so I'm giving the middle finger to the two days of the week that completely send me over the edge.   For the record, I am never stepping foot (or paw) in a dog park again.

Comments

Popular Posts