My Son's Christmas Wish

I wish I could say my 10 year old son would like to donate any gifts he WOULD receive at Christmas to the less fortunate this holiday season.

Sadly, this is not the case.

Although his Christmas list is refreshingly short in length, it is long on the request.

He would like a recliner.  And a plaid robe.

Ummm, how about a pipe and slippers to go with, while we are at it?  

Seriously.  This kid, you guys...

Talk about being an old soul, this strange request goes way beyond my comfort zone.  Get it, comfort zone?  Recliner?  

Yeah.  I know.

Moving on...

Not just any recliner, mind you.  We are talking one with a power lift feature, a drink holder, one of those compartments for the remote control and a side pocket to hold his package of E.L. Fudge cookies.

It doesn't help this kid is deep in the throes of his persuasive writing project at school.  Let's just say he isn't letting the issue go.

It concerns me that while most 10 year old boys are hoping for a new game, a LEGO set to build, or the latest Diary Of A Wimpy Kid book, my kid is wanting a Barcalounger to lean back in and watch the original episodes of Tom and Jerry.




Interestingly enough, there is another item on the most creative Christmas list ever for a 10 year old boy.  Will has requested a Harris Tweed hat from Ireland.  Apparently he wants one like "Lucky wears." (his step dad, who is Irish)

Will has an inner desire to become a full blown Irishman.  Perhaps it's the beard, perhaps it's the fish and chips, perhaps it's the country, perhaps it's his great Papa, who Will is named after, I don't know.  What I do know is this kid wants to travel to Ireland, clad in his Harris Tweed hat.  To drop his hint even further, Will has brought me a business card for a haberdashery here in Portland where apparently, according to his school chums, Harris Tweed hats may be purchased.





I can do the hat, no problem.  However, if anyone is getting a recliner this year, it's gonna be this momma right here, complete with the E.L. Fudge cookies to go with it.  Oh, and the remote holder.  That's a no brainer.

Comments

Popular Posts