This Summer I....

Well here we are on the cusp of June.  Now what?  Kids are out of school in less than two weeks and I feel the clock ticking in my head.  Freedom as I know it is about to wither and hibernate until fall.

Don't get me wrong. My kids are pretty cool but unfortunately, very unmotivated. My attempts at planning scheduled camps and outings are going over much like last year, a detonated bomb.  

The biggest issue I have with my kids home during the day is the fact my habits will be disrupted.  As selfish as it sounds, I do well with routine and my kids are gonna change that.  Let's just call it what it is.


This summer I...

Will say goodbye to going to the bathroom with the door wide open.

Will no longer be able to talk and curse to myself, at least audibly.

 Can't make cookie dough and eat it raw because my kids will wonder what happened to the cookies.

Won't be able to shower.

Can't wander aimlessly through the hallowed aisles of Target because my kids will be too impatient.  Do they not realize Target is my field trip??

Will visit hell, otherwise known as Game Stop.

Will dramatically increase my caffeine consumption.

Will discover new indentations in the sofa cushions as a result of my kids sitting on them all day.

Will need to increase phone data packages.

Will discover comic books are preferred over classic literature.

Will find that lunch actually consists of snack foods.

Will suggest hikes, only to be given the silent treatment.

Will spend entire paychecks at Michael's craft store in an effort to provide educational art projects.

Will purchase bathing suits my kids will never wear because it's "too cold out."

Am counting the days until school starts.










Comments

Popular Posts